Ways to Order:
Beef Bundles - Healthy Meat from happy animals at a discounted price when you buy our bundles. We are now delivering to Indianapolis, Bloomington, Evansville, New Albany, Bedford, Jasper, Orange County, and more! Please see our beef bundles page for more info on how to order a delivery.
Whole, Half, and Quarter Beef Available for Spring (sometime in April) processing. Deadline to order: March 20th. See information on how to order below.
Beef CSA Options - Main Season (May - October), Late Fall (Late October - Mid December), Winter/Early Spring (January - April)
See our CSA Page for more details and how to sign up.
Bulk Specials also available - order 25 or more lbs and get 10% off. Email Michael at michael1 (at) indianacommunity.org for current pricing or to make an order.
|Our Hereford and Limousin steers lounging by the spring fed creek.
Our grass-fed steers are given the best life possible. They have access to beautiful, green pastures, shade, and spring fed creeks. They are never given antibiotics or hormones. And the pasture they graze on is never sprayed with pesticides or herbicides. If you are looking for a clean, healthy meat, then this is it!
The meat is more healthy for you. It contains less "bad fats" and more "good fats", which include omega-3 fatty acids and CLA. And grass-fed beef has been shown to contain more vitamins than grain fed beef. Grass-fed beef is more healthy for the cows and more healthy for you!
The pricing advantage to buying grass fed in a whole, half, or quarter steer is that you get all of the cuts(including the expensive ones) for less than the price of ground beef. Another advantage of purchasing in this manner is that you get to specify the processing details (e.g. thickness of cuts).
Some more details about purchasing a whole, half, or quarter beef from Living Roots:
- Pricing for Whole, Half, or Quarter Beef:
- Whole Beef - $5.25/lb
- Half Beef - $5.50/lb
- Quarter Beef - $5.75/lb
- Price per lb is based on hanging weight
- Whole Beef - approx 400- 500 lbs
- Half Beef - approx 200-250 lbs
- Quarter Beef - approx 100-125 lbs
- Processing details:
- Customers pay processing fees (see http://www.sanderprocessing.com/Custom_Processing.html)
- Meat is picked up at Sander Processing in Celestine, IN.
- Customers get to give input on processing details by filling out form below
- Estimated processing cost is $300 for a full beef (depending on exact size and specific requests - amount of patties, franks, etc.)
- Deposits required:
- Whole Beef - $800
- Half Beef - $400
- Quarter Beef - $200
- Balance is due before meat is picked up (will be communicated once beef is at Sander Processing and weighed).
- We accept cash, check, or credit card
Once availability is confirmed, please fill out the following form to give processing details, etc.
Butchering Instructions Form
Mail this completed form and a check for the deposit amount to:
Living Roots Inc.
5907 W. County Road 375 S.
French Lick, IN 47432
Or pay online with credit card here:
Please email Michael at michael1 (at) indianacommunity.org or call (812) 727-5444 to check availability or to place an order.
Thank you - all proceeds go to help support this cutting edge project trying to do all we can to give people better food choices.